- I have a great sense of responsibility.
- I am not only used to, but also like flexible work times.
- I am very used to think for myself, and to work independent.
- I handle things in a workmanlike way; I like to find and implement solutions.
- I get great pleasure and satisfaction out of seeing my solutions and work being used.
Experiences and specialisms
- Very experienced in editing songs, both analog and digital.
- Experienced with live mixing bands, front of house and monitor.
- Experienced with a big range of professional audio mixing consoles.
- Experienced with Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Klotz, DHD, Dalet, GML en
Omniplayer audio hard- & software..
- Experienced with automated and semi-automated radiobroadcasting.
Career history and references
- May 2017 – July 2019
Technician theater, specialized audio (freelance), Dirk Scheele
Creating audience & monitor mixes for a tour of children’s music theater, including a 7-persons live band, in theaters and pop halls. Commissioned by Soundcheck Nederland in Veghel.
- November 2015 – Present
Broadcast audio-engineer (freelance), Radio M Utrecht
Technician tv and (sport)radio broadcasts, editing audio, connections through RF, isdn & 4G. Technical assistance for dj’s and reporters. Mixing live acts.
- November 2013 – Present
Broadcast audio-engineer (freelance), Omroep Brabant
Technician tv and (sport)radio broadcasts, editing audio, connections through satellite, RF, isdn & 4G. Technical assistance for dj’s and reporters. Mixing live acts. Preparing and implement broadcasts on location.
- November 2013 – Present
Light- & Sound-engineer, Centerparcs Erperheide
Creating audience & monitor mixes for theater-acts and musicals for children and adults.
- November 2011 – August 2013
Live audio-engineer & Assistent head technical services, PopEi
Preparing & implement concerts, creating audience & monitor mixes, training and directing volunteers and trainees light & sound, coordinate maintenance light & sound equipment, guest lecturing, schedule staff, audio-engineer live radio-broadcasts, responsibility during concerts. Interim head technical department.
- September 2009 – October 2011
Light- & Sound-engineer, Centerparcs Kempervennen
Creating audience & monitor mixes for theater-acts and musicals for children and adults. Training light- and audio-engineers for new international show.
- April 2009 – Present
Sound engineer (freelance)
Creating monitor and front of house mix for several bands. Mixing & mastering cd releases.
- 1996 – 2010
Networkengineer, self-employed, Muis Netwerken
Installing and maintaining, mostly independent, customer’s computernetworks. References are available upon request.
Name: Maurice de Laat
Phonenumber: +31 654 236 654
Date of birth: September 25th, 1970
Marital status: Single, no children
Driver license: Yes
- 2007 – 2009
Final theory mark: 9.0; final practical mark: 8.5.
School of Audio Engineering (SAE Institute), Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 1993 – 1995
Computer science, University of Technology, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- 1989 – 1993
Computer science, Fontys Hogescholen, Eindhoven, Netherlands